This past week was monumental…
I attended the National Association of Christian Financial Consultants (NACFC) conference in Charlotte, North Carolina. While there, I gain further confirmation and clarification on where God is leading me. God does some amazing work through His people!
I really enjoyed my time connecting with like minded advisors, learning new strategies, and reenergizing my passion for helping investors incorporate their faith into their investments. But the heart of this week was the message and vision God gave me.
Over this past week, I’ve been consistently reminded that one man can truly make a difference:
- My visit to the Billy Graham Library left me astonished on how in modern times, God used one man to reach millions of people around the world to change their lives for Jesus
- Keynote speaker Art Ally of the Timothy Plan revitalized my energy and passion for the biblically responsible investment movement. Art started 25 years ago with a vision to invest in a way that glorifies God. Now there are thousands of advisors and billions of dollars being invested in a biblical fashion.
- Speaker Tom Strobhar of Life Decisions Intl showed how one man could become a corporate shareholder and use that power to author over 80 shareholder resolutions concerning pornography, religious bigotry, fetal tissue research, abortifacient drugs, corporate donations to Planned Parenthood and other charities whose policies undermine natural marriage.
- Watching the movie, Hacksaw Ridge, provided a great reminder that we should all stand up for what we believe. It is the true story of Pfc. Desmond T. Doss who won the Congressional Medal of Honor despite refusing to bear arms during WWII on religious grounds. Though I don’t personally share the same conviction in that area, I do have a similar conviction on where and how we invest.
The big question that kept coming back was “does God really care where we invest”?
“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” – Luke 16:10
- They won’t work for a company that oppose their values
- They won’t donate to organizations that violate their faith
- They won’t shop at stores that oppose their moral compass
- Yet when it comes to investing, many support these very same companies with their investment dollars
Shouldn’t your investment portfolio and financial plan have the same conviction?
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” – Matthew 6:21
Yes, getting great returns is important for your financial future, but isn’t the source of the profit more important than the actual rate of return?
“What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?” – Mark 8:36
That was why I created the “proud to own” process 10 years ago!
There are three steps in this process:
- Avoid companies that violate your faith and values
- Seek out companies that compliment your faith and values
- Seek companies with strong profit potential
I literally start with thousands of companies and then use rigorous moral and social screens combined with stringent financial screens to find companies and investments my clients can be “proud to own”. It’s a process that many want to use but may not be aware that this even exists.
This three step process is a central part in each of the three ways I work with investors:
- Investment newsletter services at Dual Returns for do-it-yourself investors (DIY). I use the “proud to own” process to select stocks that make up each of our Buy Lists.
- Investment money management services at Faith Based Investor. I use the “proud to own” process in each of the portfolios used for IRAs, Roth IRAs, Brokerage accounts, and other investment accounts that we manage for individuals and other financial advisors.
- Faith-based consulting and coaching at JayPeroni.com. In this consulting process, where I help individuals create investment and financial plans based around their faith and values. I use the “proud to own” process to help investors manage their 401ks, IRAs, and other investments.
Not sure if you are heading in the right direction or want to see if your investments line up with your faith and values, give me a call at 866-594-9919 to set up an appointment.